Friday, September 9, 2011

... she makes lists

Today's list - things I need to do tonight.  And this weekend... and projects I want to make.  And things I want to learn how to do...

It is going to come down to prioritizing.  Which of the things on my list do I consider more important?  Which things am I willing to let slide so I can do others?  Am I willing to let 'take blinds down' go so I have time for 'work on quilt'?  There's only so much time in a day, and only so much motivation to get me through.  :) 

I'm not going to whine about not having enough time.  The truth is, I HAVE enough time.  It's just USING that time to do the things I say I want to do and will do.  That means less time on the computer just piddling and more time doing those things I want to do.  Or re-doing my lists of things I want to do. 

Last night was chore night.  Dusting, vacuuming, cleaning bathrooms... that sort of thing.  It needed doing, and doing it makes me feel better.  Yup, that whole clean house helps depression thing.  *shrug*  Open blinds, consider taking them down.   And yes, it made me feel better.  But there's only so much cleaning that can be done in an evening.  There's still so much left to do.  Again, the prioritizing.  Which do I value more in my time - mopping the kitchen (which isn't even my chore to do) or quilting?  The answer is... well, yet to be determined, honestly.  It will depend on how I feel when I get home.  Right now, my list for the night only includes 5 things, including dinner, so I could do both quilting and mopping.  We'll see....

The bigger thing about prioritizing is this: I want to learn all sorts of fabulous things!  I have to find a way to free up time for that.  And still have time to read, clean, sew, and make.  Boredom doesn't seem like it would be an issue, does it?  :)

But the truth of it all is that no matter how many lists, no matter how much prioritizing I do, there is always more.  More things to do.  More to learn.  More life that feels like it's escaping while my back is turned....  I am not dissatified with life.  I am just... always wanting to learn and do more.

No comments: