Monday, August 29, 2011

The Non-Boring Times

So... there are times when I am not bored, when life happens.  When there's too much to do to sit and be bored (and thus make more unusual things).  So far... two family members (one more distant than the other, but still family) died on one day, my uncle has health issues, and my father has health issues after surgery.  Wheee....  Nope.  No time for bored.  Not much time for anything else, it seems, either. 

I've quilted a little and wandered aimlessly a lot. 

It seems when I get stressed, I want to go something different.  Something new.  NOT the same old same old.  Not the same food, same stores, same places, same conversations.  They get boring.  And I don't do boring well.  But when I stress, things get magnified, like they do.  Not unique to me, by any means.  When I stress, I want out.  OUT.  I don't care about the things I am currently working on.  I want OUT.

So I wander aimlessly, looking for a goal, a new thing, a new event.  Something new.  Or even something so old I've never done it before.  I want to learn new things.  Lots of them.  Remake myself into someone new.  Not that there's tragically much wrong with the current me - I know that, and am generally satisfied with who I am and where I am and so on.  But...

So that's where I am right now.  Still sewing - some - and still out there.  Mostly positive - don't get me wrong.  I just want something different.

No comments: